Carmen Hurtado del Pozo, PhD, Postdoctoral Fellow
I graduated from the Universidad Complutense de Madrid with a degree in Biology. I received my PhD in Biology at the Universidad Autónoma de Madrid in Spain.
The subject of my dissertation was to analyze the effects of obesity on the gene expression profile of subcutaneous and omental adipose tissue in obese versus lean patients by using DNA microarrays and real-time PCR, focusing on the study of the transcription factor ChREBP in human adipose tissue and human primary preadipocytes.
I joined the Diabetes Research Program in December 2011. My current research projects include investigating the role of RAGE in obesity.
1. Hurtado del Pozo C, Vesperinas-García G, Rubio MÁ, Corripio-Sánchez R, Torres-García AJ, Obregon MJ, Calvo RM. ChREBP expression in the liver, adipose tissue and differentiated preadipocytes in human obesity. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2011 Dec; 1811(12):1194-200. Epub 2011 Jul 30.
2. Hurtado del Pozo C, Calvo RM, Vesperinas-García G, Gómez-Ambrosi J, Frühbeck G, Corripio-Sánchez R, Rubio MA, Obregon MJ. IPO8 and FBXL10: new reference genes for gene expression studies in human adipose tissue. Obesity (Silver Spring). 2010 May; 18(5):897-903. Epub 2009 Oct 29.
3. Hurtado del Pozo C, Calvo RM, Vesperinas G, Gómez Ambrosi J, Fruhbeck G, Rubio MA, Obregon MJ. Expression profile in omental and subcutaneous adipose tissue from lean and obese subjects. Repression of lipolytic and lipogenic genes. Obes Surg. 2011 May; 21(5):633-43.
News & Highlights
- Ravi Ramasamy, PhD was awarded a shared instrumentation grant from the National Institutes of Health for the acquisition of Seahorse system. <<more>>
- The Diabetes Research Program and NYU's Initiative in Data Science and Statistics were awarded a research grant from Independence Blue Cross. The goal of this collaboration is twofold; detect undiagnosed diabetes cases and predict potential cases of the disease. <<more>>
- Ann Marie Schmidt, MD and Ravi Ramasamy, PhD were awarded a grant from the NYU Abu Dhabi Institute. In collaboration with the NYU Abu Dhabi Public Health Research Institute, the project will examine the growing obesity and diabetes epidemic in Abu Dhabi.
- Ravi Ramasamy, PhD and Gabrielle Gold-von Simson, MD were awarded a multi-PI R25 grant from the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIH). " <<more>>
- More News & Highlights