Karen Evans, Diabetes Research Program Administrator
I was born in New York City where I attended Walden School. After that I went to Ladycliff College for three years and then transferred to Fordham University where I received a B.A. I started working at Columbia University and worked in the following departments: Pharmacology, Center for Radiological Research, Radiation Safety, Neurology (Stroke and Critical Care Division). In 1995, I worked for seven months for Capital Market Risk Advisors, a midtown financial firm. In 2005, I joined Dr. Schmidt’s lab as the Divisional Administrator in the Department of Surgery (Division of Surgical Science). In 2010, our lab transferred to NYU Medical Center, where I presently work as the Divisional Administrator in the Diabetes Research Program.
News & Highlights
- Translational Research in Diabetes and Obesity: Exciting Collaborations at NYULMC
- Ann Marie Schmidt MD and Ravi Ramasamy, PhD were awarded a Collaborative Interdisciplinary Team Science in NIDDK Research Areas (R24) grant from the NIH/NIDDK. <<more>>
Dr. Ramasamy has been granted tenure by the University. Effective July 1, 2014.
- Radha Ananthakrishnan, PhD is the Diabetes Research Program Researcher of the Month
- On May 14, 2014, the Department of Medicine held its 13th Annual Research Day. Among the participants were several members of the Diabetes Research Program. <<more>>
- The Diabetes Research Program and NYU's Initiative in Data Science and Statistics were awarded a research grant from Independence Blue Cross. The goal of this collaboration is twofold; detect undiagnosed diabetes cases and predict potential cases of the disease. <<more>>
- Ann Marie Schmidt, MD and Ravi Ramasamy, PhD were awarded a grant from the NYU Abu Dhabi Institute. In collaboration with the NYU Abu Dhabi Public Health Research Institute, the project will examine the growing obesity and diabetes epidemic in Abu Dhabi.
- More News & Highlights