Latoya Woods, Grants Specialist
Born and raised in Brooklyn, I graduated from Syracuse University with a bachelor’s degree in Bioengineering. After working as a Financial Analyst and Helpdesk Analyst, I joined the Schmidt lab in 2005 as a Data Manager at Columbia University Medical Center. In July 2010, I along with the other members of the lab transferred to NYU Langone Medical Center. As a Grants Specialist for the Diabetes Research Program, I assist in the preparation and submission of grant proposals. Other duties include preparing digital artwork for manuscript submissions to various scientific journals.
News & Highlights
- Translational Research in Diabetes and Obesity: Exciting Collaborations at NYULMC
- Ann Marie Schmidt MD and Ravi Ramasamy, PhD were awarded a Collaborative Interdisciplinary Team Science in NIDDK Research Areas (R24) grant from the NIH/NIDDK. <<more>>
Dr. Ramasamy has been granted tenure by the University. Effective July 1, 2014.
- Nosirudeen Quadri is the Diabetes Research Program Researcher of the Month
- On May 14, 2014, the Department of Medicine held its 13th Annual Research Day. Among the participants were several members of the Diabetes Research Program. <<more>>
- The Diabetes Research Program and NYU's Initiative in Data Science and Statistics were awarded a research grant from Independence Blue Cross. The goal of this collaboration is twofold; detect undiagnosed diabetes cases and predict potential cases of the disease. <<more>>
- Ann Marie Schmidt, MD and Ravi Ramasamy, PhD were awarded a grant from the NYU Abu Dhabi Institute. In collaboration with the NYU Abu Dhabi Public Health Research Institute, the project will examine the growing obesity and diabetes epidemic in Abu Dhabi.
- More News & Highlights