Rosa Rosario, Senior Research Technician
I joined Dr. Schmidt’s lab at Columbia University Medical Center in 2005. In July 2010, I moved with other members of my lab to NYU Langone Medical Center.
As a Senior Research Technician for the Diabetes Research Program, my primary responsibilities include the management of mouse colonies. I’ve always enjoyed working with small and large animals; my priority has always been their health and humane treatment. I hope my work will bring new opportunities to find therapies in the different projects our lab conducts.
1. Vedantham S, Noh H, Ananthakrishnan R, Son N, Hallam K, Hu Y, Yu S, Shen X, Rosario R, Lu Y, Ravindranath T, Drosatos K, Huggins LA, Schmidt AM, Goldberg IJ, Ramasamy R. Human Aldose Reductase Expression Accelerates Atherosclerosis in Diabetic Apolipoprotein E-/- Mice. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2011 Jun 2.
2. Reiniger N, Lau K, McCalla D, Eby B, Cheng B, Lu Y, Qu W, Quadri N, Ananthakrishnan R, Furmansky M, Rosario R, Song F, Rai V, Weinberg A, Friedman R, Ramasamy R, D'Agati V, Schmidt AM. Deletion of the receptor for advanced glycation end products reduces glomerulosclerosis and preserves renal function in the diabetic OVE26 mouse. Diabetes. 2010 Aug;59(8):2043-54. Epub 2010 Jul 13.
3. Xu Y, Toure F, Qu W, Lin L, Song F, Shen X, Rosario R, Garcia J, Schmidt AM, Yan SF. Advanced glycation end product (AGE)-receptor for AGE (RAGE) signaling and up-regulation of Egr-1 in hypoxic macrophages. J Biol Chem. 2010 Jul 23;285(30):23233-40. Epub 2010 May 27.
4. Shang L, Ananthakrishnan R, Li Q, Quadri N, Abdillahi M, Zhu Z, Qu W, Rosario R, Touré F, Yan SF, Schmidt AM, Ramasamy R. RAGE modulates hypoxia/reoxygenation injury in adult murine cardiomyocytes via JNK and GSK-3beta signaling pathways. PLoS One. 2010 Apr 9; 5(4):e10092.
5. Bu DX, Rai V, Shen X, Rosario R, Lu Y, D'Agati V, Yan SF, Friedman RA, Nuglozeh E, Schmidt AM. Activation of the ROCK1 branch of the transforming growth factor-beta pathway contributes to RAGE-dependent acceleration of atherosclerosis in diabetic ApoE-null mice. Circ Res. 2010 Apr 2; 106(6):1040-51. Epub 2010 Feb 4.
6. Tekabe Y, Li Q, Rosario R, Sedlar M, Majewski S, Hudson BI, Einstein AJ, Schmidt AM, Johnson LL. Development of receptor for advanced glycation end products-directed imaging of atherosclerotic plaque in a murine model of spontaneous atherosclerosis. Circ Cardiovasc Imaging. 2008 Nov; 1(3):212-9.
7. Zeng S, Dun H, Ippagunta N, Rosario R, Zhang QY, Lefkowitch J, Yan SF, Schmidt AM, Emond JC. Receptor for advanced glycation end product (RAGE)-dependent modulation of early growth response-1 in hepatic ischemia/reperfusion injury. J Hepatol. 2009 May; 50(5):929-36. Epub 2009 Jan 14.
8. Guo J, Ananthakrishnan R, Qu W, Lu Y, Reiniger N, Zeng S, Ma W, Rosario R, Yan SF, Ramasamy R, D'Agati V, Schmidt AM. RAGE mediates podocyte injury in adriamycin-induced glomerulosclerosis. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2008 May; 19(5):961-72. Epub 2008 Feb 6.
9. Aleshin A, Ananthakrishnan R, Li Q, Rosario R, Lu Y, Qu W, Song F, Bakr S, Szabolcs M, D'Agati V, Liu R, Homma S, Schmidt AM, Yan SF, Ramasamy R. RAGE modulates myocardial injury consequent to LAD infarction via impact on JNK and STAT signaling in a murine model. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2008 Apr; 294(4):H1823-32. Epub 2008 Feb 1.
10. Harja E, Bu DX, Hudson BI, Chang JS, Shen X, Hallam K, Kalea AZ, Lu Y, Rosario RH, Oruganti S, Nikolla Z, Belov D, Lalla E, Ramasamy R, Yan SF, Schmidt AM. Vascular and inflammatory stresses mediate atherosclerosis via RAGE and its ligands in apoE-/- mice. J Clin Invest. 2008 Jan; 118(1):183-94.
News & Highlights
- Dr. Ramasamy has been granted tenure by the University. Effective July 1, 2014.
- Devi Thiagarajan, PhD is the Diabetes Research Program Researcher of the Month
- On May 14, 2014, the Department of Medicine held its 13th Annual Research Day. Among the participants were several members of the Diabetes Research Program. <<more>>
- Ravi Ramasamy, PhD was awarded a shared instrumentation grant from the National Institutes of Health for the acquisition of Seahorse system. <<more>>
- The Diabetes Research Program and NYU's Initiative in Data Science and Statistics were awarded a research grant from Independence Blue Cross. The goal of this collaboration is twofold; detect undiagnosed diabetes cases and predict potential cases of the disease. <<more>>
- Ann Marie Schmidt, MD and Ravi Ramasamy, PhD were awarded a grant from the NYU Abu Dhabi Institute. In collaboration with the NYU Abu Dhabi Public Health Research Institute, the project will examine the growing obesity and diabetes epidemic in Abu Dhabi.
- More News & Highlights